What caused the second impact in NGE??
Lio Convoy
2004-05-18 04:09:18 UTC
i watched the entire serie but didnt find any explaination about what
caused
the second impact exactly
any idea's??
Second impact was caused by the scientists investigating what they
thought was Adam.
This is explaned quite late in the series, where misato has flahbacks
to her childhood!
The most probable cause was attempted activation of "Adam".
Infact the being they found was Lileth.
It was also explained that they had both Lilith and Adam towards either the
end or in the movie.

What really nailed me at the end though, was Rei being part of Lilith
instead of a clone of Ikari's wife.
--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change
the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has".- Margaret Mead

Jim Trejo
Chicago, IL
ten mark
2004-06-21 00:08:43 UTC
Gendo, under orders from Seele, purposely triggered second impact. That was
the scenerio in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Misato's father was not told that the
result of reducing Adam to an embryo was to trigger the giant of light which
is the herald of second impact.